I currently hold two key leadership roles, as the Director of the Energy, Resources and Environment (ERE) Program and the Founding Director of the Initiative for Sustainable Energy Policy (ISEP) at Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies.
As a leader and manager, I maintain a sharp focus on delivering concrete results, emphasize continuous innovation, and insist on a clear value proposition. In my view, an organization that fails on any of these should be dismantled.
I am always looking for opportunities to enhance procedures and introduce new innovations to the organizations I lead. I believe in enhancing performance based on clear metrics that reflect the organization’s vision and values.
As the ERE Program Director, my key achievements are the following:
- Restructured faculty governance and program management
- Led program redesign: vision, learning outcomes, requirements, curriculum
- Developed an integrated research, teaching, and outreach strategy for the program
- Led the development of the first online degree in the school
- Managed a program with over a hundred students, twenty faculty, and three staff members across three campuses (Washington DC, Bologna, Nanjing)
As the ISEP Founding Director, I am proud of the following:
- Founded a new research initiative without an endowment or core support
- Developed the vision, research strategy, and public profile of initiative
- Managed operations, finances, and communications of initiative
- Raised major grants to support multi-year policy research initiatives in China and India
- Created a network of one hundred affiliates