I currently hold two key leadership roles at the Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies:
- Founding Director of the Initiative for Sustainable Energy Policy (ISEP)
- Director of the Master of Arts in Sustainable Energy (MASE) online degree
As a leader and manager, I maintain a sharp focus on delivering concrete results, emphasize continuous innovation, and insist on a clear value proposition. In my view, an organization that fails on any of these should be dismantled.
I am always looking for opportunities to enhance procedures and introduce new innovations to the organizations I lead. I believe in enhancing performance based on clear metrics that reflect the organization’s vision and values.
As the ISEP Founding Director, I am proud of these achievements:
- Founded a new research initiative without an endowment or core support
- Developed the vision, research strategy, and public profile of initiative
- Managed operations, finances, and communications of initiative
- Raised major grants to support multi-year policy research initiatives in China and India
- Created a network of one hundred affiliates
As the MASE Director, I have implemented the following:
- Developed an original curriculum of 10 courses
- Recruited world-class academic and practitioner faculty for the program
- Designed an innovative capstone program with two residencies in Washington, DC
At Johns Hopkins, I am also a member of the Leadership Council for the Ralph O’Connor Sustainable Energy Institute (ROSEI) and a Co-Director of the Alliance for a Healthier World (AHW).